Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Picture This Photo Contest – October 2011

Picture This Photo Contest -- October 2011

Yes, it has been too long since my last post.  That admission aside, I found a little inspiration in a photo contest thanks to Gardening Gone Wild.  Click the link above to see other entries for this month.

Our summer in Central Texas did not benefit at all from the rare scattered storms that our neighbors to the north and far south experienced. We finally did receive several inches this month, and I have renewed hope that this too shall pass.


To celebrate that hope, I have decided to enter my photograph of my favorite perinnial flower, the Aster.

Asters--Taken October 2011
This Aster was planted by Pat in our bulb garden over 10 years ago. He moved it when he made the rose garden a couple years ago. Every year it never ceases to amaze me. It blooms on time. This year was different. I truly did not expect it to bloom at all. However, in its current location, it does benefit from an occasional watering from the yard sprinklers.

No comments:

Post a Comment