Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2011 Weather Forecast--Prediction!!

A beautiful New Year's Day morning
January 1, 2011
January 1, 2011=January 2011 Prediction!

My grandpa said that if you watch the weather the first 12 days of the new year, you will know what the weather will be like for the year.  Here is my "official" experiment!
Actual Weather:

High: 49°
Low: 26°
Wind: 10 mph
Humidity: 36%
Precipitation: none
Sky: Clear blue sky with wisps of clouds

Affect:

It was truly a gorgeous day today.  The air felt icy on my cheek and I did need a light jacket.  The normal temperature for January is 57°, so today's temperature was a little cooler than that.  Last year January almost had 6" of rain which was about 4" more than usual.  But if today is any indication of rain chances, then I'd have to predict that our January 2011 will be either normal or below normal in rainfall.  I'm holding out that the humidity will bring a promise of rain this month.

Prediction for January 2011:

I predict January 2011 will be cooler than normal for most of the month, although tomorrow and the rest of the week is expected to bring temps around 60°.  We'll catch some north winds, but nothing too strong.  And, we can hope for a little rain, although today's sky did not hold much of a chance at all for the month.  Stay tuned to see if the prediciton comes true.  I'll update at the end of this month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment