Monday, March 7, 2011

February 2011 Forecast Prediction -- Follow Up!

 
Snow Day--February 4, 2011

 
Admittedly, this post is a little overdue. However, life is getting busy with the testing season upon students and teachers.  Nevertheless, February was a roller coaster month with frigid temperatures, rolling blackouts to conserve energy, snow, and balmy days suitable for tanning and Bermuda shorts!

Actual Prediction for February 2011


It is my prayer and hope that if we do not get much rain in January, that we have a good chance of rain in February since the humidity was higher today, and there were some clouds--although white and fluffy. Well, it looks like prayer and hope will be needed since there was absolutely no rain in the month of February 2010! Yikes. The average high [2010] was 57° and the average low was 37°.

February, oh February, month of love--be kind to us. Be mild and rain just enough to keep the grass and plants happy!!

February 2011 Actual

High:  64° to 82°
Low  14° to 23°
Rainfall 0.94"
Wind  16 to 32 mph

Hypothesis Proved/Disproved

I cannot say since I never really committed to an actual prediction.  I believe I can interpret my intention as thinking February would be mild.  Well, it was to a certain degree if discounting the absolutely frigid days and the unexpected snow holiday!!  I prayed for rain, and we did get that!  Based upon the experiment, though, there was no way to predict the cold weather, so I shall err on the side of my hypothesis being disproved.

No comments:

Post a Comment