Thursday, March 29, 2012

Once In a Lifetime

I was beginning to doubt my ability to shoot anything decent in the garden...until today.   It's either dumb luck or being at the right place at the right time with the right lighting.  Whatever the reason, I'm glad I decided to go out and get a few snaps of the camera!

Knockout Rose with Rain Droplets--2012
Late Tuesday afternoon a front blew in and brought some much-needed rain.  I know a lot of folks are already tired of the moisture, but memories are fleeting.  By this time last year, we'd barely registered over 3" for the year.  Today we get to add another inch bringing the year-to-date total to around 13".  We're still on the double portion roll, making up for last year and getting our normal rainfall for this year.  I especially love this photo because there are still rain droplets from early this morning.  The land is truly repairing itself every day and the abundance in the garden is breathtaking! More posts will follow.  Until then...enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment