Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Retiring the Elph?

Water Boy, above. Antique Rose, left














The photos for all of my posts have been taken with my dear old friend, the Cannon Power Shot Digital Elph SD 450. The zoom is to 3x, has 5.0 mega pixels, and 5.8-17.4 mm--whatever that means. When I revived the blog, Pat knew what he wanted to get me for Christmas. I have it already, but it is tucked away in my closet. I'm too afraid to open the box. But I'll tell you what it is: it is a real camera. For some of you who are already amateur to pros at taking pictures, you might giggle at my next step taking pictures with a Nikon D3100. But for me it feels like I'm 18 months old driving a car! The new camera has a real lens that comes off for crying out loud! And you have to know what you are doing. Scary. But luckily for me, it has an auto feature which I will be using a lot until I get some lessons! So until December 25th my photos will be taken with my dear old friend. On Christmas Day I intend to initiate my new friend. The Elph will not die or go away. I have a feeling he'll come out every once-in-a-while until I get used to my new friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment