Saturday, January 8, 2011

August 2011 Forecast--Prediction!!

January 8, 2011--August 2011 Prediction!!

My grandpa said that if you watch the weather the first 12 days of the new year, you will know what the weather will be like for the year. Here is my "official" experiment!


Actual Weather

Jan. 8th, 2011--Beautiful Sky!
High: 57°
Low: 33°
Wind: 6 mph to 14 mph
Humidity: 28% to 75%
Precipitation: none
Sky: blue with increasing cloudiness holding moisture

Affect

I was thinking today was just about as warm as the other days, but actually---it was cooler!!  I got out to shop a while and grab some groceries.  I was able to take my jacket off during most of the day, so I thought it was just as warm as the previous day this month, but not so according to the temps.  I even got out with my camera to snap a few pictures, but I did put my jacket on for a little warmth.  The picture I snapped today is a lovely representation of how the skies have been the entire month of January.  The skies were bright, blue and lovely.  At first, I thought the task of recording what each day would bring would be daunting--but I am now appreciating the fact that I am having to focus and observe each and every day.  Truly, I am loving this!!!

Prediction for August 2011

 Technically, hurricane season begins sometime late May to June...but in Texas, hurricane season begins in August.  I noticed the clouds building from the south in the late afternoon, which makes me think that we will have a normal hurricane season.  In 2010, we were supposed to have the worst hurricane season on record, but it did not happen. For 2011, I predict we will have hurricanes. I'd love to think they'll bring us rain, but due to our 8th day of no precipitation, I am not going out on a limb now!!  I'll call for normal August temps, perhaps a little cooler than normal.  I'll also call for a lot of southern moisture, but not an abundance.  However, as I am editing this post...it is finally--finally raining!!!!

Update--January 9, 2011It rained all night long!!  What a blessing.  At 8:10 a.m. there is a chance of snow today with 90% chance of precipitation.  KWTX is calling for rain/snow mix--but that is for September 2011, not August 2011!  The rainfall so far is between 2 and 3 inches unofficially, as none of my sites are updated.  Their rain guages must be broken!!  Now I will bravely add rain to the August prediction!

No comments:

Post a Comment