Friday, January 7, 2011

June 2011 Forecast--Prediction!!

January 6th, 2011--June 2011 Prediction!!

My grandpa said that if you watch the weather the first 12 days of the new year, you will know what the weather will be like for the year. Here is my "official" experiment!

More Sunflowers--they just love June!
Actual Weather

High:  64°
Low:  30°
Wind:  5--10 mph
Humidity:  26% to 70%
Precipitation:  none
Sky:  Beautiful and blue.  Gorgeous sunrise:  turquoise sky with electric orange clouds/hue. 

Affect

The morning was a little cooler than the previous mornings and stayed chilly until around noon.  I had to turn on the heater and heated seats to be royally comfortable for the drive in this morning.  The eastern sky kept my attention even though I was travelling around 74 mph down the highway!  I was wishing again that I had my camera.  In discussing the sunrise with a friend of mine, I quickly realized how many days of the school year is dark and how many days the sun has already risen.  This realization makes me glad I am focusing in on the most important things in life right now--those things which are most treasured are usually free!

Prediction for June 2011

It seems we will have a cool June.  The high was only 8° above normal, but the low was 7° below normal.  The sky did not hold much promise for rain today, so we will need to get our rain in the springtime as we usually do.  The next few day's posts should be interesting as a cold front is moving in.  We're expecting frigid temps and highs well below normal.  Maybe we'll save on the electricity bill this summer!!  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment